We are seeking a Private Equity Analysts for a 2-3 year, pre-MBA role. At Seacoast Capital, we help build companies. We don’t buy companies, but rather we invest junior capital alongside of strong, entrepreneurial management teams and ensure that they have the resources they need to grow. We are now searching for Private Equity Analysts who want to help us in our Boston (Danvers, MA) office. Although the role will involve regular, in-person work, we will also consider hybrid-remote candidates.
As an Analyst, you will gain first-hand experience in all aspects of principal investing, including company and transaction evaluation, due diligence, extensive financial analysis, and portfolio management. We are small team and operate as a flat, inclusive organization, and you will actively participate in the investment process. In addition, you will directly participate in fund and portfolio management and gain exposure to deal intermediaries.
Seacoast Capital has invested nearly $700MM across 4 funds over our nearly 30-year history. Operating out of offices in Danvers, MA and San Francisco, CA, Seacoast Capital successfully raised its fifth in 2023. For more information on Seacoast Capital, please visit our website at : https://www.seacoastcapital.com/
- Boston (Danvers, MA)
Role and Responsibilities
Our Analysts have a broad range of responsibilities pertaining to investment analysis and management across multiple asset classes, including structured equity and subordinated debt. Analysts work with deal teams to:
- Perform due diligence on new potential investments, including fundamental and financial (cash flow and returns) analysis
- Prepare initial and subsequent formal investment memos for presentation to our investment committee
- Build financial and operational models used to evaluate new investments
- Monitor and support portfolio companies
- Assist with preparing regular investor reports outlining the performance of our portfolio
- Assist in the preparation of fundraising materials and responses to investor diligence
- Assist with ad hoc requests from time to time
We are seeking self-starting candidates with excellent critical reasoning ability matched with strong written and verbal communication skills.
In addition, the role requires:
- 0-2 years of relevant professional experience in a related field, including (but not necessarily limited to): public or private markets investing, investment banking, lending, accounting, transaction advisory services, management or asset consulting, or similar roles in a corporate setting and/or other similar financial services roles
- Bachelor’s degree with outstanding academic credentials, if applying directly from graduation, must have relevant internships and coursework
- Strong analytical background with understanding of financial statements
- Proven expertise in financial modeling and valuation a plus
- Strong initiative and self-direction, as well as the ability to build positive relationships with team members across the company
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to handle competing priorities in a deadline-oriented environment
- Ability to project a positive, professional image both with internal and external constituents
- Exceptional critical writing skills (writing sample will be required as a critical part of the evaluation process)
- Strong Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Light to moderate domestic travel
Compensation will be competitive and commensurate with experience.
To apply for the job, please email Alan Rich (’03) at: firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com