Job Description – State Street Global Markets 2024 Rising Senior Intern Platform
State Street Corporation is committed to fostering an environment that promotes diverse talent and global perspectives. Our 2024 State Street Global Markets (SSGM) Summer Internship Platform is an integral part of our commitment to equity and inclusion by providing outstanding internship opportunities to students across our core university partnerships.
Our SSGM Rising Senior Summer Internship Platform is an experiential learning initiative, designed to provide students with an opportunity to explore the dynamic culture and lively, academic atmosphere of our Sales, Trading and Research business lines. Your assignments will be aligned with your interests and skill sets. Additionally, you’ll be provided with opportunities to undertake additional projects to broaden your understanding of the global financial markets and the clients we serve.
When owners and managers of institutional assets need research, trading, securities lending and innovative portfolio strategies, they turn to SSGM. As our investment research and trading arm, SSGM’s number one goal is to enhance and preserve our clients’ portfolio values by applying technology, optimizing trading, and linking asset classes and markets across the world.
- The SSGM Summer Intern experience will include a welcome orientation to provide our newest colleagues with a comprehensive view of business lines across SSGM. In addition, multiple training sessions and networking opportunities will be offered, where you’ll experience our commitment to State Street’s most valuable asset: our employees.
- Our SSGM Interns will receive continuous training throughout the summer and will benefit from working alongside experienced professionals on meaningful projects. Multiple opportunities will be on hand to exchange ideas and network with peers, mentors and senior leaders of the firm.
- As a summer intern, you will have the unwavering support of a mentor who can help you navigate the workplace and ensure you are best positioned for success.
- The program timing is structured as a 10-week internship over the course of the summer. Upon successful completion of the summer internship, candidates will be offered interview opportunities for placement in the full time Global Markets Professional Development Program (GM PDP.)
As a summer intern in Global Markets, your responsibilities may include:
- Assisting with sales and trading activities
- Assessing market trends
- Performing market and quantitative research analysis
- Handling day-to-day transaction needs
- Candidates are required to be pursuing a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- 3.2 minimum GPA preferred
- Mathematics, engineering, statistics, machine learning or programming background a plus
- Strong quantitative and qualitative skills
Who we are looking for
In this role, you will liaise on a regular basis with the Global Markets’ Business teams. You’ll provide support for centrally managed activities on behalf of Global Markets, including data analytics, trend analysis, global macro research reporting, product development, as well as help drive the adoption of technology to improve productivity.
The candidate will be intellectually curious and have an enthusiasm for learning and developing; be self-motivated, adaptable and willing to take on new challenges; and should expect to develop, or further enhance, the following skills:
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and willingness to ask tough questions
- Sound judgment and business sense
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Keen interest in global financial markets
- High drive to succeed
- Superior work ethic
- Ability to learn quickly, multitask, prioritize and take on new responsibilities
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
To apply for this job please visit careers.statestreet.com.