The Thomas B. Quigley Society
Who we are
The Thomas B. Quigley Society
The Thomas B Quigley Society for the Advancement of Sports Medicine is a group of former Harvard Athletes who are now taking care of athletes as sports medicine physicians. QS members care for athletes of all levels, from professional teams (MLB, NHL, NFL), college teams to high school athletes and weekend warriors! The group was founded in 1988 by a group of Harvard Football Players to honor the memory of Dr. Quigley for his contributions to Sports Medicine and Harvard Football. The Society has grown to include all disciplines of sports medicine, meets annually, and includes over 80 members.
The Quigley Society is a non-profit educational organization that has 501c3 status and is comprised of an executive board that is voted on every year at the Annual Meeting. The Annual Meeting is a CME credited meeting that typically occurs April of each year and invites all Quigley Society members to attend.
- President - Drew Engles ’87, MD
- Vice President / Program Chairman - Mark Drakos ’98, MD
- Treasurer - Dana Piasecki ’96, MD
- Secretary - Sam Taylor '02, MD
- At-Large - Melissa Christino '02, MD
- Past President - Eric Chehab ’91, MD
Step 1: Sign up for your Quigley Membership
2023-24 Annual Dues
Pay your annual dues before you register for our annual meeting.
Affiliate Annual Dues
Current medical students, residents or fellows that are interested in ortho surgery or sports medicine.
Step 2: Sign up for Annual Meeting (only active members)
Thank you to the 2024 Quigley Society Sponsors
The Thomas B Quigley Society is dedicated to the advancement of the care and safety of athletes of all ages and levels through physician and patient education, mentorship, athlete advocacy, and scholarship opportunity.
Quigley Society helping Harvard Undergrads
- Athlete Medical Mentorship Program (AMMP)
- This organization will facilitate professional interaction between current student-athletes and alumni in the medical field willing to offer insight to their area of specialty.
- Dr. Mark Steiner Class of 1972 Memorial Fund for Harvard Sports Medicine
- The Dr. Mark Steiner Class of 1972 Memorial Fund for Harvard Sports Medicine was established by members of the Quigley Society to honor Dr. Steiner’s 50-year affiliation with Harvard and his many contributions as a great teacher, caregiver, and friends. This endowment will continue to provide funding to Harvard Sports Medicine to help current student-athletes’ physical, mental, and emotional well-being and safety.
- Quigley Society Webinar Panel Discussion for Harvard Athletes Interested in a Career in Medicine
- Quigley Members have set up webinar panel discussions for current student-athletes to hear from current physicians, ask questions and get support.
- Annual Meeting Member Talks | Abstracts
- YOUTH SPORTS & USA HOCKEY – Dr. Charles Burke
- OSTEOTOMIES FOR TREATMENT OF UNICOMPARTMENTAL ARTHROSIS OF THE KNEE – Dr. Anikar Chhabra
- ROBOTIC LIGAMENT BALANCING – Dr. Jeff Lawrence
- SPINE SURGERY IN AN AMBULATORY SURGICAL CENTER – Dr. Aris Yannopoulos